Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Delays

So I had the goal of releasing the game this month.  Shit ain't happenin'

About three things prevented that from happening.  Biggest problem has been the with controls not working for everyone.  I've had to spend a ton of time trying to get it to work for everyone, and it's still not working yet.  I've filed a bug report with YoyoGames, so I'll see how that goes.

Second problem has been a blessing and a curse.  I've been getting a lot more hours at my steady job.  It's nice because that's an assured stream of income and I've only been asking for more hours for like half a year (rabble rabble), so that's good.  Unfortunately it does detract from time I can work on the game.  While I can program and such some while at work, doing the CGs is a little trickier, considering the subject matter, heheh.

Third has been a touch of procrastination, I won't lie.  I am rather satisfied with the amount of time I've been putting into the game, but I have pushed back working on the CGs more than I should have.  Oh well, I've gotten started on them, so I'm building up steam there!

I'll probably release some CG teasers soon!

I'd really like to not release the game until these problems with the controls are resolved, since that's a huge hindrance.  Not only does it prevent a segment of people from playing the game properly, it also means that people leaving reviews will be mentioning these problems, which will likely stand out from any praises.

However, regardless of how things are working out I'll definitely release some time next month.  If at that point the problem isn't solved, then I'll just direct people to test the demo before purchasing the game, so they don't pay for a game they can't properly play.  Not the best solution, but I think that's what I'll have to do.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I also hate bodily functions, did you know that?  Sleeping, eating, exercising, showering... it all takes too much time out of my day!  I'd have like an extra 10 hours at least if not for those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment